Saturday 30 July 2016

Music Book Tag

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I swear I have several reviews that I am going to get done before the end of the month, I'm just having a bit of a dry spell, so I figured I would do a tag just to clear out the airways. Sound good?

Okay I don't know if this is already a thing, because I didn't really look, but I haven't seen it anywhere  so I think that it's safe to assume that it doesn't already exist.

So the music book tag, really simple, you just choose 5 songs, and then match 5 books with those songs and then explain why you matched them together. Or maybe you could choose 5 books and then match songs with them. Either way works.

1. The Fighter by In This Moment



I paired this song with Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. They are both hard core, they are both about fighting and rising up from the ground and fighting your way to the top. The first time I heard the Fighter all I could think was "Wow, this could be Aelin's soundtrack to life."

2. Someone Like You by Adele



I just remember the first time reading shiver, and this song getting so huge around that time, and it was stuck in my head while I was reading Shiver, so I would just sort of connected the song and book together because of that.

3. The A Team by Ed Sheeran



I was visiting family in New York at the time of this whole thing, I stayed up all night listening to this song and reading Blood Promise. It had captured my attention and when my mother finally made me go to sleep, I woke up 5 hours later just to finish the book while listening to this song the whole time.

4. Summer Paradise by Simple Plan



I was reading Death by Bikini at the time, and that book took place on an exclusive island. And what else screams summer like a private island? Plus, it had this really cute romance in it, everytime I hear Summer Paradise my mind just goes back that little island.

5. Turning Tables by Adele



Yes, a second Adele song on the list, it could have been worse, I could have added my third but I decided that two was enough for this one. This one happened just after the Blood Promise thing, or pretty close, I had finished the series by then and started the Delirium series. Now I never actually finished this series, but I do remember the first book pretty well. I actually have no explanation as to why I connected these two in my mind, other than the fact that I was listening to this song while reading gate book. They really don't even remind me of each other, alas, I cannot separate them in my mind.


If you listen to music while you read. I tag you. Go for it, munchkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment