Tuesday 7 June 2016

Top 10 Book Quotes

10. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson



This is proof of the regret we often feel. I relate to this. Sometimes all I ever want to do is go back in time and change something I've done, whether it be a stupid decision or an embarrassing moment. Sometimes all someone ever needs is a second chance.


9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky




I love this quote because it speaks the truth. People these days settle for less than they deserve. Self-esteem is such a low set bar. There is that one quote, I don't know where it came from, you know the one, it's like "The saddest people smile the brightest, the loneliest people are the kindest, and the most damaged people are the wisest." I don't think I got that quite right, but the theme ties in with this quote. 


8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin




I want to scream with how much I love this quote. Seriously, I cannot get enough of this. I will probably print this off and frame it on my wall. This is what perfect looks like. Simile! English class really does come in handy, to identify the figurative language...


7. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare




I couldn't actually find the quote so this is as close as I could get. My gods, Alec just got so sassy in that last book and I loved it. Loved his newfound confidence. Alec is one of my favourite characters in the Shadowhunter world.



6. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare




In the eighth grade I used to write the entire song out on my worksheets. I had this memorized. What am I talking about? I still have this entire thing memorized. Get on my level.


5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas




Because books. I will love any quote ever that has to do with books and power. 


4. The Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling




Every single time someone tells me to behave (lol shoutout to my parents) I just think this quote to myself, or I sometimes mumble it under my breath. I love the marauders and I love the Weasely twins, so this one quote connects two generations of my favourite mischief makers.


3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte




I feel like such an empowered independent woman every time I read this quote, or even the book. This book speaks volumes, especially since this book was written almost 170 years ago, yet these issues are still a thing. I like to think about how far things have come, not as much as I would hope, but still pretty good. Jane Eyre as a character is pretty much summed up in this one quote.


2. Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss




Dr. Seuss is the amazing quotes master. It was so hard to narrow this down to just one Dr. Seuss quote. Seriously, go to google images and search up Dr. Seuss Quotes and I can guarantee you will have a hard time picking a favourite. This one, just inspires me especially which is why I chose it to put it on this list. Love me some Dr. Seuss.


1. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov




This quote has always seemed so beautiful to me. I'm probably going to get this tattooed somewhere on my body when I'm legally aloud to. It's quick and sweet and I have this in almost all of my social media bios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment