Tuesday 26 March 2019

Top 10 Favorite Movies of 2018


Lol I meant to post this a couple of months ago. Don't mind me, I can't keep a schedule to save my life. I would like to remind you guys that these are the favorites that I watched for the first time in 2018, not necessarily ones that came out in 2018. There are a lot of those, but some of them didn't come out in 2018. It was actually kind of hard to compile this list because I've gotten so bad at finishing movies if I'm not in a movie theatre. I wanted to put Call Me By Your Name on here but I never actually finished the movie because I got distracted by other things. But I would like to give it a shout out for being a good movie.

1. Deadpool 2




Holy shit, I didn't think this one would be as good as the first one, but it was! I legit can't decide which one I liked more because they were both perfect. Maybe this one because I did end up crying near the end, you know the one scene. If you've seen the movie you probably know what I'm talking about if you haven't then I'm not spoiling it for you. Such an amazing movie.

2. Infinity War




People were kind of split on this one, but I personally loved it. There was just so much to see, there was never a boring moment. There were just so many characters that they didn't have time to have a single boring moment in the movie. It does feel very much like a precursor for Endgame, but I'm completely fine with that, it was a great movie.

3. Into the Spiderverse



There are only two movies that I have ever gone to see in theatres twice and both of them are on this list. The first being Infinity War just because I felt like there was so much I didn't catch the first time and I needed to go see it again as a refresher, however, for Into the Spiderverse, I went to go see it again purely because I loved it so much the first time. You know, I was just hanging out with my friend in a bookstore, go figure, and she got a call from her parents asking if we wanted to go to the movies. Fate lined up perfectly, enabling us to go see this fantastic movie because if we had gone to see any other we would have been late.

4. A Simple Favor




This one was so awesome until the very end. I didn't really like the last couple of scenes because it just felt so messy compared to the rest of the film. But the rest of the movie I think was amazing. It's best to go into this one knowing as little as possible.

5. Incredibles 2




I didn't like this quite as much as the first one, but it was still an awesome sequel. I think it may be my favorite of the latest Pixar sequels. The rest just don't seem to be doing it for me, but this one has. Maybe it's because the Incredibles was my favorite movie as a kid. I'm so glad that they got the majority of the original cast, it made it feel like a legit sequel.

6. Crazy Rich Asians



I was so excited about this one! I actually had a doubleheader with my friend when I went to see this movie, I don't know about other movie theatres, but the one closest to where I live does this thing on Tuesdays were movie tickets are half priced so we decided we would see two. It had been a long day at school and both of us just wanted to chill and watch some movies so before this we had actually gone to see the Nun (which may just be the worst movie I actually watched in 2018. It was not scary and relied heavily on jump scares), and decided to see Crazy Rich Asians after to destress. When I was watching this movie there were so many moments where I was like "Yes! My family does that!" and I felt like such a special snowflake because I actually understood when they spoke Cantonese. REPRESENTATION MATTERS!

7. Happy Death Day




I didn't actually want to watch this one because I thought it sounded dumb. But in my defense, it actually still sounds sooooo dumb. My friends wanted to watch this so I agreed and surprisingly really enjoyed myself. It was a horror film that didn't take itself too seriously but still actually had a pretty good plot. Just a really enjoyable movie. If you aren't into horror films this might actually be the perfect "horror" film for you.

8. Jurrasic World



I watched Jurassic World for the first time and it was amazing. I've never watched any of the Jurassic Park movies because apparently I just didn't have a childhood. I will hopefully be watching those soon, but as of right now I've only seen Jurassic World. The bar is set high.

9. Love Simon (Kind of Spoiler for Leah on the Offbeat)




I loved that we got a YA movie with more LGBT representation. Still kinda salty that they made Leah straight though. If they make a Leah movie, and I hope they do, then they bETTER FIX THIS!!!!

10. Crimes of Grindelwald




I know a lot of people didn't really like this movie, but fuck it I did. I am physically incapable of disliking anything set in the Wizarding World. Although it wasn't the best movie I still liked it and that's why it's at the number 10 spot and not higher up. Fight me.


What movies did you guys love from 2018?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment