Tuesday 28 August 2018

Top 10 Favorite Books I Got to Read as ARCs


As a reviewer, one of my favorite things is getting the chance to read books before they come out. Whether it's a digital copy or a physical copy, it just makes me so happy to be trusted with a book that hasn't come out yet. It's even more exciting when I get to read a book that I've been highly anticipating or something that ends up being one of my favorite books, and that is what this list is all about.

10. Want You




Want You was everything I had wanted the Boy and His Ribbon to be. It's dark, it's sexy, the characters have history and chemistry. This was a very quick read for me.

9. Sweet Water




I read the first book Wilder and really enjoyed it, but then I picked up Sweet Water and it just left Wilder in the dust. 

8. The Castaways




I initially didn't give this book the best rating, but the more I think about it the more I like it. I honestly want to go back and read it again. Also, the cover is absolutely gorgeous.

7. The Peer and the Puppet




As you guys probably already know I was on vacation in New York when I got the ARC of this and then just completely got sidetracked during a shopping trip and just read this entire book pretty much straight through.

6. Pulse




I read this one for the New Adults Book club and I didn't even realize it was an ARC until I reviewed it and saw that it only had about 10-20 reviews on Goodreads. It was honestly an A+ vampire novel, would highly recommend.

5. The Becoming of Noah Shaw




I had low hopes that I would get an ARC of this because I was just assuming it was in such high demand that I wouldn't really be on the radar for this one. When I got an email saying I got approved for an ARC I transcended. 

4. Rowan Wood Legends




I liked the first book, but it had nothing on this second book, this second one blew me away and I could not wait for the third book to come out so I could find out what happens.

3. The Darkest Star




I was originally going to post this a few weeks ago, but I'm horrible and procrastinated, but I am honestly so glad that I did because between then an now I received The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I've never been so excited. If you know me then you know I absolutely loved Obsidian, the first review I ever posted on my blog was Obsidian, it isn't public right now because it was a horrible review and I plan to fix it up, but that's just proof of how much I love it. So getting to read the spin-off about Luc has just made me so happy and this book was unputdownable. 

2. The Bourbon Thief




This was the first ARC I ever got and it was also one of the best I ever got. I was so nervous because this was the first book I was ever properly reviewing and I was so scared someone was going to tell me it was bad. It was bad, but no one told me it was bad. I actually made the review private on my blog because I do plan on making it better. Anyway, if you haven't read this book yet I would highly suggest doing so.


1. Rules of Magic





This was one of those books I didn't know I wanted and had waited so long for. I read and loved Practical Magic years ago and watched the movie years before then. When it was announced that Rules of Magic was gonna come out I was completely on board. The moment I got the ARC for this I just started reading it. It actually was a bit stop and go, but once i hit a certain point I just couldn't stop reading. It was perfect.

Have you guys ever read any ARCs? If so what was your favorite one?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

1 comment:

  1. The cover for Pulse is so gorgeous. I want to read it!!!

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete