Thursday 16 August 2018

July Wrap Up


Well, we're halfway through the month and I forgot that I hadn't already posted this because my time management sucks. Better late than never.

1. Touched by Death 




I gave this book 4 stars. I had been wanting to read this book for so long and while it wasn't exactly what I expected, it didn't disappoint. Would recommend to Paranormal NA lovers.

2. Kung Fu Panda 3 




I gave this movie 4 stars. I still prefer the first and second movies to this one, but it accomplished what it was supposed to: it was fun to watch. 

3. Good Girl 




I gave this book 4 stars. Usually, I wouldn't include this kind of book in my wrap up because the central idea is really sleazy. However, it isn't as sleazy as you think it is and it actually has a really funny and cute romance. Good for romance lovers.

4. The Shadows 




I gave this book 4 stars. Minor Spoiler Alert: This is probably the only book in this series so far where it didn't have a completely satisfying ending with the two romantic interests end up together.  I'm a romance addict and I hate when the characters I love together don't end up together. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this half delivered.

5. Antman and the Wasp




 I gave this movie 4.5 stars. Antman is not my favorite in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, however, I can't ruler out the fact that I find the Antman movies absolutely hilarious. And can I just say, I looooooooooved Ava. I want to see a lot more of her.

6. The Greatest Showman 




I gave this movie 4 stars. I loved the music that was played in this movie. It was good in its context, but I don't think I'll ever listen to the playlist just on its own. Hugh Jackman's character was one of those characters that you simultaneously wanted to succeed but also fail. You root for him knowing his upbringing and his love for his wife, but then some of the other things he does just make you loathe him. His wife is too good for him.

7. The Peer and The Puppet 




I gave this book 5 stars. I read this one and just couldn't stop thinking about it. Thinking about it just now makes me want to start reading it all over again. If you love Penelope Douglas, Erin Watt, or other B. B. Reid novels then you're gonna want to read this one.

8. Hairspray 




I gave this movie 3.5 stars. While I loved the premise, I wasn't that fond of the actual execution. I didn't particularly like the music and I didn't find the main character to be that likable. I honestly, feel pretty bad for not liking it that much but I can't change the way I feel. Maybe in a few years, I'll watch it again and like it more.

9. And Playing the Role of Herself 




I gave this book 4 stars. A few months ago when doing a top 10 favorite LGBT couples post I realized the majority of my list was gay male couples and realized I need to branch out more. This is getting out of hand. I haven't read a lot of books about lesbians, but I think this one was pretty fricken good. If you guys have any recommendations for LGBT books let me know, I'd love to check them out.

10. Siren’s Lure 




I gave this book 4 stars. I saw this on Netgalley and it seemed really cool, but I didn't look it up before requesting and reading it and only after did I realize that this book was a novella of a bigger series and I feel like I've actually missed a bit of context which made this not the best read for me. I do hope to eventually read that series and reread this story in hopes I will like it more.


11. Mamma Mia! 




I gave this movie 4.5 stars. I watched a lot of musicals this month, very hit or miss. This one was probably my favorite. I had no idea what it was about until I started watching it and holy shit. I cannot believe that this girl had the balls to invite three of her mother's ex-boyfriends to the same place at the same time in hopes of figuring out which was her father. That was crazy but I loved it and I loved the characters. 

What were some of your favorite from July?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

1 comment:

  1. Time passes by so fast! I loved Kung Fu Panda 3. Antman and the Wasp was alright. I liked the first movie a lot more than the second. I LOVED LOVED The Greatest Showman. I'm still listening to the soundtrack. Some of my favorite things from July would be Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi, Roar by Cora Carmack, and B: The Beginning.

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete