Saturday 16 December 2017

Pulse Spoiler Free Review


Pulse
Pulse 
by Danielle Koste

Release Date: January 1st, 2017


Synopsis:



Rowan Platts is addicted to success.

When she's presented with the chance to work on a top secret project fronted by her idol, renowned virologist Dr. Margot Miller, Rowan signs her life away without second thought. The realization she’s gotten in over her head comes only after the subject of their study is revealed: a boy with a bad attitude and an uninhibited taste for human blood.

He's a medical anomaly. Having the ability to crush metal with his bare hands and hear a heartbeat from across the room, it would make Rowan’s career if she was the one to discover what made him so unusual.


Easier said than done, with a subject who prefers snapping necks over answering questions. 

My Thoughts:


I received a copy for an honest review

I gave this book 5 stars. It was one of those books I was unsure about but ended up not being able to put down. It was such an engaging sci-fi/new adult romance. I would highly recommend it.

Lyall was unexpected. I thought because of what he was, that he was going to be a basic brooding bad boy that was so moody that would be the only thing anyone could focus on. This was not the case. Lyall was such a little shit. Playing without protagonists emotions and just messing with her for fun. It was playful and I loved that.

As for the story itself, I was very pleased with how it played out. The story felt almost metaphoric at times. I don’t know how to describe it. It was very fast paced. The book was around 300 pages and I read the entire thing in two sittings (I decided to take a shower halfway through and then continue). This book will be done in no time.

I loved how his condition was never given a name. I know everyone thinks vampire right away, but I like how it was rationalized and how there was that scientific element to a classic myth.

The story felt edgy, almost like a plotline in American Horror Story but with a happier ending. The atmosphere of the story was creepy. It felt isolated because we only had about 5 important characters, the story was very contained to just a few of them. 

Overall, creepy and engaging, I would definitely recommend that you give this book a read. It’s refreshing and I think it adds something new to the genre.



No comments:

Post a Comment