Tuesday 26 December 2017

Top 10 Worst Books of 2017


I apologize for my blogging hiatus, I've been in a bit of a blogging slump. Read quite a few new books and hopefully, I will get around to talking about those more.

10. Dare to Desire




I disliked this book so much I finished it, gave it 2 stars and then promptly forgot everything about it. I just remember finishing this book and feeling so annoyed that I had wasted my time reading it.

9. Badd Luck/Badd Mojo




I had a lot of expectations with these two books and was completely disappointed with what I got. So many people rave about this series in general and I didn't see what all the hype was about.

8. All the Wrong Chords




I just wanted to roll my eyes the entire time I was reading this one. It had such a great premise, but the plot was flat and the protagonist was so unbearably annoying that I couldn't enjoy it.

7. The First Kiss Hypothesis




This is another book I've completely forgotten everything about. It had something to do with how a girl was being cynical because apparently, first kisses mean everything. The protagonist was just so close-minded, she was so convinced that everything was in that first kiss that she wouldn't even try a second kiss just to make sure. It was so infuriating and I didn't like this book.

6. Descendants




Such good ideas, such bad outcome. It was another book that had so much potential but just fell flat. The book wasn't even that long but it felt like it took me years to read it. It was boring, and a love triangle was thrown in just for shits and giggles. I didn't like it.

5. Pretty Fierce




I didn't like the writing style of this one, it felt a bit off to me. I had an incredibly hard time relating to the characters and staying engaged in the story. I just don't think it was very good.

4. Stealing Candy




It took me a while to get through this one. I didn't like the writing style and there was really no conclusion to the story, just a what if that's more annoying than anything else. Honestly, the "cliffhanger" wasn't something that would leave me thinking and just felt abrupt.

3. Because of Lila




Another book I had high expectations of. I love Abbi Glines, but this book was terrible. The story didn't really know what it wanted to be. The first half leaves us thinking that Lila is going to end up with the sweet guy whose fun and sexy, but then this other asshole comes into the picture and us as readers get the worst case of whiplash in history.

2. The Mighty Storm




I have some pretty strong feelings about this one. I love every other book by this author that I’ve read, but there were so many factors in this book, spoilery factors, that just made me hate it.

1. Her Book Boyfriend




I went into this book expecting a light fluffy romance and instead I got a trash can with dead puppies. Okay, that might be a bit overdramatic, but it was pretty bad.

What books would you guys consider the worst that you've read this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment