Tuesday 7 February 2017

Top 10 Books I Will Not be Re Reading

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I've been having a bit of a bloggers block. I have a few reviews on the back burner, I've just been having a bit of trouble thinking of a good way to word things. I will do my best to get back on track this week.

Anyway, these books come from varying degrees of reasons. Some because I hated everything about them, and some because they were just so emotionally traumatizing to me that I couldn't stand to possibly put myself through that again.

Be Aware that this not in anyway spoiler free.

Anyway, let's start.

10. Allegiant by Veronica Roth


This one is a bit of a mix. I was actually really sad that Tris died. It honestly did not feel necessary. It didn't move the plot in any way, it just made all her loved ones really sad. It also pissed me off because it was unnecessary and felt like it was designed just so that it would seem "unique" for killing off the protagonist.

9. Lord of the Flies by William Golding


I wanted to like this book so badly. But as I got into it, I just found that it was so dry and I barely understood what was happening most of the time because it was all very psychological. This made it really hard for me to get through, which sucks since it's such a short book.

8. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald


I didn't exactly hate this book, but I did hate almost all of the characters in this book. With the exception of Nick, because I could read his thoughts and knew he wasn't a bad guy, and Gatsby, because he was just a man driven by love. He wasn't selfish and just wanted to be with the woman he loved. Every other character just made me want to punch them all simultaneously.

7. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


Honestly, the last post I'm probably going to put this book on. It feels like  I'm just putting too much effort into hating this book. I'm a hater. I don't want to be a hater. So I'm just going to put this book behind me and not worry myself with it.

6. The Green Mile by Stephen King


I couldn't possibly put myself through that kind of emotional turmoil again. I can't! I was terribly dehydrated after reading it from all the tears I shed.

5. Chosen by P. C. and Kristen Cast


This book was arguably the worst book in the House of Night series and that's kind of saying something. Well at least I think it is. I mean, this girl cheated on her two boyfriends with another guy and then got upset when she found out he was using her. And then basically played the victim when no one would talk to her!

4. Nine Minutes by Beth Flynn


I have a hard time even thinking about this book. It broke my heart and my soul, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Yes, I meant for that to rhyme.

3. Daughter of Darkness by V. C. Andrews


Incest. That's all you need to know. Incest.
Now my friend warned me about this book, saying it was a bit much, but me being me, I thought I could handle everything. I had already seen the worst literature had to offer me. I was wrong. I forgot about her warning and a few months later I read this book and wanted to unread it as fast as I finished it.

2. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes


Some of you may understand, and some of you may not, but I have a confession: I don't actually like to cry while I'm reading. I'm totally game if it's a movie, but only a movie. I can't even watch sad TV shows. I had to stop watching Grey's Anatomy because of the season two finale. It's about 10 times worse with books. I get a deeper connection with these characters, so when something sad happens I feel it very, very deep inside me. So I can't possibly make myself reread this book no matter how much I loved it.

1. 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher


None of the other emotionally taxing books on this list could possibly beat this one. This one was so profoundly sad that I finished this book and then had a panic attack from thinking about it all too long. I went into total existential crisis mode after finishing this.

What are some books you never plan to reread?

No comments:

Post a Comment