Tuesday 27 April 2021

Top 10 Women in Books


These are in no particular order because I honestly can't rank them. I love all of these ladies so much. It was hard to trim this list down, but I think every single character on this list is absolutely deserving. Of all the books, all the characters I've come across over the years, these ladies were my favourites.


1. Regan the Radiant


“Apparently unaffected, she rose. "Yeah, you're probably right. I should be going." She feigned a yawn. "You've gotta head back to work and I've gotta head to jail. Big night for me. I'm planning to shiv someone for a bar of soap. --”

I love her so much. There are so many characters in this series and I do love a lot of them, but Regin is just the very best of them. She is so inappropriate and hilarious. I couldn't put anyone else on this list because It would have been a lie.


2. Rose Hathaway


“When I saw you fall..."
"You thought, 'Wow, she's a loser.”

She was my favourite character right from the get-go. you may notice a theme throughout this list. The women on this list are the ones that don't do what they're told. They are forces of nature and that's what I love about them.


3. Aelin Galathynius


“She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph.”

She was born to be Queen and she very much embodies that. She is a force of nature. She gives off the "don't fuck with me" energy and I live for that.


4. Daria Followhill


“He pulls me into a hug. A rarity I know not to take for granted when it comes to Vaughn. I bury my face in his chest and let myself crumple, feeling my bones shaking inside my body.”

She is spoiled and selfish, and completely human. There's something so down to earth about her character despite her being the rich popular bitch. I don't know how to explain it. When I was reading the other books in this series I was just waiting for her to make appearances because she was my favourite character.

5. Isabel Culpepper


“She'd been here long enough that all of her feelings had been replaced with high-end linoleum.”

She was like the Daria before Daria. She was rich and popular and completely closed off and unattainable. I just loved her character so much. She is just such a bitch at times and I live for it. I like main characters with bite.


6. Lizbeth Salander


“There were not so many physical threats that could not be countered with a decent hammer.”

Lizbeth never allows herself to be the victim. Even when she is victimized, she gets her revenge and she doesn't let her abuser win. She's such a strong and intelligent main character and she made her book worth reading. I don't know if I would have liked the book half as much if she hadn't been in it.


7. Banks


“People dictate rules based on how they want to be treated, but I’ll tell you something. When someone else misbehaves, it’s black and white, isn’t it? We judge, and we condemn, but when we do it, it’s a gray area all of a sudden. Other people are subject to your convictions, but not you, right? Not Michael?”

I love Banks. She is so clever and loves to stir shit up. She's definitely her brother's sister. They're two peas in a pod. I love them together.


8. Mara Dyer


“How did you get my number?" I blurted, before I could stop myself.
"It's called research." I could hear him smirking over the phone.
"Or stalking."
Noah chuckled. "You're adorable when you're bitchy."
"You're not," I said, but smiled despite myself.”

Mara is so dark. It's great. She has this horribly disturbing power, and honestly, it fits with her. We slowly see her go from a protagonist, the "good guy", into more an antihero/villain. We rarely see the main character of a book turn into a villain and I can't wait to see where her story goes from here.

9. Isis


“I would love to slap you right now, but I’m currently wielding a nine-pound ball and I’m afraid that would be called murder.”

She is so funny. So maybe she isn't as strong as some of the other characters on this list, but she's probably one of the funniest. She also has a lot of emotional strength. She has had her own shitty backstory, but she doesn't let that stop her from being a ray of sunshine.

10. Cat 


“Let go,” I demand. “No.” My eyebrows snap together. “Why not?” “Because your gut reaction is always to punch, and I don’t like being tickled.” Tickled? Tickled! Indignation swamps me. I’ll show him a tickle.”

She is such a badass. If she had sucked I wouldn't have read A Promise of Fire as quickly as I did. She is always up for a fight. She is very near and dear to my heart. If you like fantasy romances this is a good one I promise.


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!

Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment