Tuesday 10 December 2019

Top 10 Ships of 2019


Instead of studying for my finals that are in a couple of days I'm writing these Top 10 posts. My priorities are not straight. Well, I hope you guys enjoy this at least.

10. Cardan and Jude




“Kiss me again,” he says, drunk and foolish. “Kiss me until I am sick of it.” - Holly Black

I really love hate-to-love romances. There is just so much angst and sexual tension and I can never get enough of it. I devoured The Wicked King in two days. I had actually gotten an ARC of it, then didn't get around to reading it, then I bought the hardcover. I only just now got the time to finally read it and to move onto The Queen of Nothing. I'm living for these two and just sitting here hoping they can make it work.

9. Thomas and Audrey Rose


“I’d like to see you carry on with a corset digging its bones into your rib cage,” I said, returning the favor and eyeing his clothing. “And manage a skirt still covering most of your breeches and whipping around your thighs in this wind.” 
“If you’d like to see me out of my breeches, simply ask, Wadsworth. I’m more than happy to accommodate you on that front.” 
“Scoundrel.” - Kerri Maniscalco

Thomas is not fit to live in the Victorian Era. If this book was set in present-day and this was not a YA novel, Thomas Cresswell would definitely have charmed the pants off Audrey Rose by now. Their flirtation makes me blush. I honestly love them together so much. It brings me so much joy whenever Thomas scandalizes Audrey. It's just the perfect dynamic.

8. Marcus and Emma




I didn't realize I loved these two as much as I did until I went to work after finishing this and couldn't stop thinking about them the whole time. I can't wait for their book to come out. Also if you're wondering why I didn't use a quote for this one like I did for the others it's because literally, every good quote I could pull was filthy. I like to hint at the sexy, not give it all away. If you guys want sexy you're gonna have to read this one yourselves;)

7. Wren and Lou




“I’m the moth to your flame, Lou. I’d rather be burned a thousand times than be free of you.” - B. B. Reid

While their book was not my favourite of B. B. Reid's, I still loved them as a couple. I love their friendship and I love the tension between them. I always appreciate a slow burn romance and this was a great example of that. 

6. Bonnie and Finn




“I don’t want to be without you, Bonnie! Don’t you get that? I am in love with you! I’ve known you for one week. And I’m in love with you! Crazy, drive-off-a-cliff-if-you-asked-me-to, in love with you. But I don’t want to drive off a cliff! I want to live with you! Do you want that? Or do you still think about jumping off bridges and going down in a hail of bullets?” - Amy Harmon

These two... Everything about their relationship just worked. I fell in love with their relationship. I loved them as characters on their own and I loved them even more together.

5. Noura and Banks




“In love there’s no free will. That’s how I know it’s real. I couldn’t stop it and I can’t deny it. This is it for me.” - R. K. Lilley

Much like with number 8, I read this book and thought to myself "four stars". And then I kept rereading it because their story was everything, so I had to go back and give them five stars. R. K. Lilley is really good at writing relationships like that. 

4. Carter and Zoey



“You know when you’re going to be decidedly less amused? When I’m sendin’ you to the store at 3am because I’m craving a certain brand of pickles.”  
Carter takes a step back, rolls his eyes at me again, and grabs his plate. “Come on, wifey.”  
“And my back is already aching from carrying around your spawn. I hope you’re plannin’ to give me a back rub later.” 
 “Are your feet swelling up, too? Maybe I should just buy you a whole spa day.”  
“I mean, it’s the least you could do for the mother of your child.” - Sam Mariano

This book was long but it didn't feel long. Carter and Zoey's chemistry made this book feel like it was way shorter than it was. 

3. Remo and Serafina




“We were both caught in an undercurrent, dragging us down into its unforgiving depth, unable to swim to the surface on our own. The only people who could save us only wanted to save one of us and see the other drown, but we were entangled. One of us would have to let go first to reach the surface.” - Cora Reilly

They were everything that I was hoping for and more. I had the release of their book written down on my calendar and I bought this book at midnight. I was dedicated because I knew their book would be fire. And firey it was. I love how the author is really playing with the dynamics of this world in the Camorra series. She set all these traditions and rules in her other series and she's breaking them one by one in this series. I loved everything about their relationship. 

2. Damon and Winter





“Enjoy your freedom while it lasts, Winter Ashby, because we’re not done,” Damon warned in a low voice that snaked through my ear, taunting me. “Grow up, learn things, and have fun in high school, but don’t change the little girl who loves it ‘in the black’, because I like you there, too. And I will be back for what’s mine when you’re old enough for bigger things.” - Penelope Douglas

I loved this couple. They just work together, it's like they were made for each other. Honestly, I would have loved them whether or not I actually liked Winter because I just love Damon so much. He's definitely my favourite of the horseman. I did like Winter, however. They might have made it to number 1 if Winter had been my favourite character from the series, but that will always be Banks. I love Banks.

1. Griffin and Cat




“Let go,” I demand. 
 “No.”  
My eyebrows snap together. 
 “Why not?”  
“Because your gut reaction is always to punch, and I don’t like being tickled.” 
Tickled? Tickled! Indignation swamps me. I’ll show him a tickle. - Amanda Bouchet

These two really came out of nowhere in the last few months before the end of the year. I was fully expecting to put one of the previous three couples at number one, but these two just blindsided me. I have no words other than: power couple. 

Who would you guys say was your favourite book couple of 2019?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment