Tuesday 24 December 2019

Top 10 Favorite Main Characters of 2019


Now, this list is in no particular order, I love all of them. As I was writing this post, half of it didn't save, so all of my beautiful beautiful words are now replaced by cheap imitations. Enjoy.

1. Raven



This is the anomaly of this list. I actually liked all the other books on this list, but I hated the Boys of Brayshaw High. Like I read it, gave it four stars, then the longer I sat on it the more I disliked it. I ended up giving it 1.5 stars. The thing that kept me from giving this book 1 star is that I liked Raven. She is so funny and has so much personality. Honestly, I would take a book of Raven just being Raven, I don't care for any of the other characters or any of the other plot points. 

2. Cat Fisa



You guys know how much I love badass leading ladies. Cat is probably the most badass lady on this list. 

3. Baz



The lone guy on this list. You guys know how much I love Baz. He's the snarkiest character on this list. He is so antagonistic sometimes, yet he is so devoted to Simon. I just love that balance. 


4. Serafina



While I love a badass lady who can take care of herself, I also love the silently strong types. The ladies that although they may not be able to physically fight off attackers, are powerful inside. Serafina was was graceful and poised and didn't take shit. 



5. Audrey Rose



Audrey Rose is a high-class lady living in the Victorian Era who wants to be a medical examiner. Everyone tells her she shouldn't be doing this and it isn't ladylike, but she doesn't let this stop her from pursuing her passion. I love this about her. I'm not a very ambitious person, but I wholeheartedly support women with ambitions. I love that she won't allow societal norms to get in the way of what she wants to do with her life. 


6. Jude




Jude has my unending respect. It takes a special kind of heroine to put up with someone like Cardan. I like Cardan but he's a tricky asshole. Jude was willing to do whatever it took to get where she wanted to be and to protect those that she loved.


7. Merit



Merit Merit Merit. A lot of people did not like her. I think this might have been one of Colleen Hoover's least well-received books, but I loved it. I loved Merit. Throughout the entire story, I kept putting myself in Merit's shoes and thinking to myself "I get it. I feel that". I always love her books, but Merit spoke to me in a way that I haven't had since I read Hopeless.


8. Mackenzie



I felt like I related to Mackenzie so much. As someone who has a sister that I am close with I know what it's like to hate her so much at times and then also be best friends. I feel like I could really relate to Mackenzie because I could really understand how her thought process works. 


9. Brenna



Brenna was just such a fun character to read about. She was full of confidence but still had her issues. She's also hilarious might I add. Of all of Elle Kennedy's main characters, Brenna has been my favourite.



10. Lennix Moon Hunter



Lennix is just as cool as her name. She's Apache and very proud of the fact. I feel like a lot of the times when there is an Indigenous person in a romance novel, they're just very watered down. You never forget who Lennix is. Her entire story arc is about her love for her people and her determination to stop them from getting screwed over. I have all the respect for Lennix Moon Hunter.

Who were your favourite main characters this year?

Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment