Thursday 18 October 2018

Book Tag: Fifty Questions Book Tag


I hit a bit of a wall when trying to figure out where this tag came from because some people never learned how to link back to creators. However, it was somewhere it Tumblr. That's all I know.

1. What was the last book you read?

Considering I read multiple books at once I'm going to consider this to be the books I put down the last. That would have to be Hideaway by Penelope Douglas.

2. Was it a good one?

Considering I reread it for the ten billionth time I would have to say it is good.

3. What made it good?

It's a dark edgy romance. I really love those.

4. Would you recommend it to other people?

Yes

5. How often do you read?

Constantly.

6. Do you like to read?

Nooooooooo. I run a book blog because they wouldn't let me run a food blog.

7. What was the last bad book you read?

Othello

8. What made you dislike it?

Racism. Sexism. The works.

9. Do you wish to be a writer?

Sometimes.

10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?

Harry Potter. Didn't really like reading before it.

11. Do you read fanfiction?

Not often if at all.

12. Do you write fanfiction?

Never.

13. What’s your favorite book?

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

14. What’s your least favorite book?

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?

Both have their pros. 

16. When did you learn to read?

Late. Didn't really get good at it till first grade. 

17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?

The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

18. What is your favorite book series?

Harry Potter

19. Who is your favorite author?

Stephen King

20. What is your favorite genre?

Fantasy

21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?

Ronan Lynch, my platonic soul mate.

22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?

Many times.

23. Which book do you wish had a sequel?

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay. I really wanna know what happens next. 

24. Which book do you wish didn't have a sequel?

Pygmalion. What a dumb sequel.

25. How long does it take you to read a book?

Depends on how into it I am.

26. Do you like when books become movies?

Depends if the adaptation is any good.

27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?

I don't think movie adaptations have the sort of power to ruin a book. It's just a bad movie.

28. Which movie has done a book justice?

Catching Fire was probably the best book to movie adaptation I've ever seen. There were so many lines that were spoken verbatim. 

29. Do you read newspapers?

No.

30. Do you read magazines?

Sometimes.

31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?

Magazines.

32. Do you read while in bed?

Of course.

33. Do you read while on the toilet?

No, that's weird to me.

34. Do you read while in the car?

Only on long road trips.

35. Do you read while in the bath?

Yes.

36. Are you a fast reader?

Usually.

37. Are you a slow reader?

When I need to pay close attention to detail.

38. Where is your favorite place to read?

My bed. Sometimes my couch.

39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?

Really depends on the day and if there is anything distracting nearby.

40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?

Ha! No.

41. Who gave you your love for reading?

Some tried, no one succeeded. It was all me, baby.

42. What book is next on your list to read?

I stopped deciding that because I'm a mood reader. I can't force it.

43. When did you start to read chapter books?

Second or third grade. Really don't remember.

44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?

J. K. Rowling.

45. Which author would you most want to interview?

Stephen King

46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?

It's hard to say since they would have to actually want to be friends with me, but I'd want to be friends with Jennifer L. Armentrout. 

47. What book have you reread the most?

This is a hard one because there are a lot of books that I've lost count of how many times I've read. 

48. Which books do you consider “classics”?

A lot? What kind of question is this?

49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It has a really interesting perspective on mental illness and could, along the way help some kids going through some things maybe realize what they are going through is something they aren't alone in. I know it's already taught in some schools, but I think it needs to be more widespread.


50. Which books should be banned from all schools?

My first thought was Mein Kampf. And while I believe it most definitely shouldn't be taught in high school, I do think there is a place for it in higher education as it is a piece of history.


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice post. I agree with #27 a lot. Usually the movie was just a bad adaptation. You can just read the book only and enjoy the story.

    Elle Inked @ Keep on Reading

    ReplyDelete