Monday 30 July 2018

Want You Spoiler Free Review


Want You: A stand alone novel (Jen Frederick)

Want You
by Jen Frederick

Release Date: July 1st, 2018

Synopsis:


Bitsy: I might be only nineteen, but I know what I want. It’s Leka Moore. I don’t care that he took me in when he was barely more than a kid himself. I don’t care that he raised me. I don’t care everyone thinks being with him is wrong. I know we belong together, and the only person I need to convince is him.


Leka: I found her in the corner of a dark alley. If I hadn’t taken her with me, she would’ve died that night—or maybe worse. Before I knew it, she became the light in my dark life, the haven from the madness. I watched her grow up. I tried to teach her right from wrong. Now that she’s an adult, I’m feeling things that no good man should ever feel. But then…I’ve never been a good man. I have a chance at redemption by saving her from the greatest danger of all—me.

My Thoughts:

I received an ARC for an honest review


I gave this book 5 stars. It has taken me a while to actually get a review for this book written and I feel kinda bad about it, but it’s okay because I’m finally getting to it now.

My initial thought was that this book reminded me of one I read a few months prior to the release of this one called the Boy and His Ribbon. Had a pretty similar premise, a boy takes a young girl under his wing. Neither of them has good lives they’re pretty much street rats and are often seen as siblings. 

If you’ve been reading my blog posts for the past few months you know I really loved the Boy and His Ribbon but it absolutely ripped me to shreds. I’m happy to say that with this one it wasn’t quite as traumatizing and I’m now happy to replace the horrible memorize I had of the first book and replace them of happy memorize of Want You. Basically, Want You is how I wanted the Boy and His Ribbon to end, but after a quick skim read of the sequel to that one I knew I wouldn’t be getting what I wanted out of it. 

Want You follows Leka and Bitsy, two troubled “orphans”. It takes place over several years as the two grow up together. The two have an overwhelming chemistry that the two skirted around for quite some time. 

There are some parts that got a bit brutal, but it wasn’t anything too bad so if you’re worried about that don’t worry, nothing too horrible happens in this book. 


Overall, I would highly recommend this book. It had a perfect combination of a slow-burning romance and some thrilling subplots. Also, if you liked the Boy and His Ribbon, but wanted something with a nicer ending, I would highly recommend this one.


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment