Sunday 29 July 2018

The Peer and the Puppet Spoiler Free Review


The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)

The Peer and the Puppet
by B. B. Reid

Release Date: July 22nd, 2018

Synopsis:


THE PUPPET

Borrow the bike. Win the race. Collect the cash. It should've been an easy job. Ran out of town with a broken leg and a lawsuit, my mother's latest flame swoops in like a knight in gilded armor. Blackwood Keep is a place I don't belong, and I'm not the only one who knows. To the boy across the hall, my savior's only son, I'm a stray looking for a bone.

He's lord of the manor.
King of the academy.
And number one on my shit list.

THE PEER

I have no intentions of becoming a happy family with the social climber and her wild daughter. A bottle of Jameson and a cracked skull gets my problem shipped to reform school, but I didn't bank on her returning.

Four's out to get even, and she almost had the perfect plan: expose the privileged kid moonlighting as a gangbanger. She's smart, but she'll have to be smarter. Sending her away won't be good enough this time. I'm going to have to tame the little troublemaker. To the girl across the hall, the one without a name, I'm nothing without my silver spoon.

She's lady of the trailer park.
Queen of the swamps.
And my new favorite pastime.


The Peer and the Puppet is a standalone romance, however, the series is one story. The plot introduced in Four and Ever's story will continue in the following novels. Content suitable for 18+.

My Thoughts:

I received an ARC for an honest review


I gave this book 5 stars. I was so excited to get this book and once I did I read it straight through. I was on vacation in New York and I was supposed to be sightseeing and shopping, but I literally took every chance I could to just stop and read this book.

Originally this novel was supposed to be released back in March, but the author felt it wasn’t the best it could be and so, it was put off for many long difficult months.

The Peer and the Puppet was everything I wasn’t expecting and it blew me away. I loved the main characters and loved their chemistry.

Four is from the wrong side of the tracks, but she’s also southern which to me painted a pretty funny picture. She was extremely street smart but was described as having a really strong southern accent and to me, that was just hilarious.

Ever is the privileged rich boy with a chip on his shoulder. I found he was a bit different than some of the author's previous romantic interests in that he seemed a lot softer. I was actually glad to see some flexibility in how the author writes her characters as I definitely found that softer side more fitting of Ever’s background.

The fact that the whole mean girl aspect of the story was flipped on its head with Barbie made me really happy. Barbie wasn’t what she seemed to be and was really misinterpreted for the majority of the book, but once you get to know more about her you start to understand her motive for things. 

It has been confirmed that there are going to be at least two sequels to this novel about other characters, but something else I would love is if we would get an eventual sequel for Four and Ever as there is a loose end that definitely still needs to be tied up.


This is a book I would recommend for lovers of Penelope Douglas books, other B. B. Reid novels, and the Royals series by Erin Watt. This is definitely within the clique.


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment