Tuesday 6 June 2017

Top 10 Middle Grade Books


This list was surprisingly hard to make. I didn't think I actually read that many middle-grade novels, but apparently I forgot that I was once a kid. This list is a mix of books I've read recently and books I loved as a child. 


10. The Underneath



I read this one in the second grade. It took me forever to finally finish it and it made me sad at parts, but overall I was really happy with the ending and I'm pretty sure that was the very first time I had ever happily read a book.

9. Inkheart



Once again, I had to read a book for silent reading so I just pulled this off the shelf in the classroom, it was a classroom copy, and I dove in. I loved it so much that, when we had winter break and I couldn't read it, I went out to the bookstore and bought my own copy so that I could continue reading it. It was that good.

8. The School for Good and Evil



I loved the first book, the other two were okay, but this first book was just magical. There is nothing quite like being introduced to this world for the first time.

7. Charlotte’s Web



I feel like this book is just sort of a given for any child to read in Elementary school. You have to read Charlotte's Web as a child or your childhood is incomplete.

6. Heroes of Olympus



Still haven't actually finished this one yet, but I'm loving it. I love seeing Percy and Annabeth older and in love, having more adventures with new friends. I'm loving these new friends. 

5. The Iron Trial



I started this series about a year ago and it was so refreshing. It did have a bit of a Harry Potter-esque feeling, but it wasn't just some shitty copycat. It's written for really young people which means that they need to keep the audience engaged for as long as possible which is why I couldn't put any of the books in this series down for too long because I needed to know what would happen next.

4. Mr Popper’s Penguins



I originally only read this book because I had to read something for silent reading in the fourth grade. I was absolutely captivated by this story and I haven't actually reread it since then, but I have a strong feeling that I should.

3. Percy Jackson



I actually didn't read Percy Jackson until high school because I was a bit late to the reading game. I had such a good time reading this series though and I hope to do a reread of the series soon.

2. The Frog Princess



I read this series back when I didn't like reading and I became obsessed. It was just interesting enough to keep me engaged. I continued reading this series for years.


1. Harry Potter


Harry Potter is basically the end all be all of my existence and is the series that started my reading addiction back in the fifth grade. Nothing can top this series for me.

Which middle grade books are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment