Wednesday 19 May 2021

I Hate Everyone But You Book Recommendations


I saw Steph Bohrer do this over on her channel and I couldn't help but think of all the recommendations I had for this category! I linked her video if you want to go watch that, and I would recommend it, she has some great books on there. I have this split into two sections. There's a new adult romance section and a YA section. In case you don't really know what this trope is, it's pretty self-explanatory. Romances where one of the love interests hates everyone except for their person. One of my favourite tropes.


New Adult Romances


The Sea of Tranquility


“I know at that moment what he's given me and it isn't a chair. It's an invitation, a welcome, the knowledge that I am accepted here. He hasn't given me a place to sit. He's given me a place to belong.”

The main character Nastya has a major chip on her shoulder throughout the entirety of this book, same goes for her love interest Josh. They both sort of hate the entire world around them, but they find solace  in each other. This was such a tragic but beautiful love story. It leaves off on a bit of a cliff hanger, but I'm optimistic. I believe in them. I believe in their love. And absolutely beautiful love story. 


Killswitch


“How I’d never hated anyone as much as I hated him, but how I loved what I felt with him more than I loved anything I felt with anyone else, either.”


Does Damon like anyone? The answer to that is no. Except Winter. And not even in the beginning of the book. I just loved these two. Damon has always been my favourite character in this series and I loved reading his story. 


The Other Man


“Why the hell did I like him so much?
He was uncivilized.
Churlish.
Uncouth.
And strangely, kind of Sweet”


Heath is rough around the edges. He's such an asshole to everyone around him. He is absolutely terrifying, but he has such a soft spot for Lourdes. It really makes you feel special just reading about it. 


Fever series


“Unpredictable as a hungry lion, he might be feared by everyone else, but he never ripped out my throat, only licked me, and, if his tongue was a little rough sometimes, it was worth it to walk beside the king of the jungle.” - Shadowfever


Barrons literally hates everyone. SPOILERS: There were a few instances throughout the series where it was heavily implied that if it were not for Mac, Barrons wouldn't even really be in human form most of the time. Or at all. He would let his monster take over. 



Young Adult Romances


Carry On


“What you are is a fucking tragedy, Simon Snow. You literally couldn't be a bigger mess."
He tries to kiss me, but I pull back- "And you like that?"
"I love it." He says
"Why?"
"Because we match.”


Need I say more? Baz is a total snob and doesn't really have any real friendships in the beginning of this series. He isn't close to anyone but Simon who he pretends to hate. 


Dare You To


“You're a lot like that bird in the barn. You're so scared that you're going to be caged in forever you can't see the way out. You smack yourself against the wall again and again and again. The door is open, Beth. Stop running in circles and walk out.”


Beth has issues. She is a pissed off teen whose defence mechanism is snark. She has like one close friend. She hates everyone around her because she has no reason to like anyone. 


Stalking Jack the Ripper


“Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark flower. You needn’t believe something weak because it appears delicate. Show the world your bravery.”


I don't think this one is necessarily hate, but Thomas does not have any friends. He doesn't like anyone around him. He loves Audrey Rose, but everyone else around him is pretty much replaceable, except for his sister. 


Cruel Prince


“Most of all, I hate you because I think of you. Often. It's disgusting, and I can't stop.”


The title really says it all. Cardan is salty as fuck most of the time. He even hates Jude most of the time, but she plays his games. Everyone else around him is either abusive or an ass kisser. 



Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment