Tuesday 16 March 2021

Books for Hufflepuffs



The common theme here are books that made me feel things. When I think of Hufflepuffs I just think of warmth and happiness and emotional strength. These books that I chose were just that.

I’ll Give You the Sun


“Or maybe a person is just made up of a lot of people,” I say. “Maybe we’re accumulating these new selves all the time.” Hauling them in as we make choices, good and bad, as we screw up, step up, lose our minds, find our minds, fall apart, fall in love, as we grieve, grow, retreat from the world, dive into the world, as we make things, as we break things.”

This is one of my favourite books of all time. This is a very character-driven book and it never fails to make me smile. This is like a Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul type of book. It follows two twins and their rocky relationship with each other and other people around them. I don't want to say too much, but this book was perfect and it was the first book I thought of when thinking of Hufflepuff books.


The Princess Saves Herself in this One


“Once upon a time, the princess rose from the ashes her dragon lovers made of her & crowned herself the mother-fucking queen of herself.   - how’s that for a happily ever after?”

This book is all about self-empowerment and loving yourself. Sometimes you need to think about you and what is best for you and what you can do for yourself. You don't need others to come and save you because you can take care and love yourself. 


The Book Thief


“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”

You might be wondering why I chose to put this on this list instead of the Ravenclaw list. I'll tell you why. This book was so full of heart. It's about living your life and doing what you love. The main characters love of books was at the heart of the story. She wasn't going to let the Nazi's keep her from reading and learning. This book is just so full of soul and that's what I attribute to Hufflepuffs.


A Monster Calls


Stories are wild creatures, the monster said. When you let them loose, who knows what havoc they might wreak?

This is another book that just made me feel a lot of things. This book is all about emotions and grief. Coming to terms with grief and dealing with that through a beautiful story with great imagery and a perfect metaphor. I don't want to tell you too much because this is such a good book going into with no information. 

What books would you guys put on this list?


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment