Monday 28 September 2020

The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag



I was not tagged for this. I feel like at this point we can all just assume that I'm never tagged for any tag that I do.

How long have you been a blogger?



I created my blog in 2015 but I didn’t really touch it till 2016 so 4 years!

At what point do you think you will stop?

When I’m no longer finding joy in blogging. I created this blog because it was something I wanted to do, I wanted to talk about the books that I loved and the ones that I didn’t. I don’t want to do this because I have to. The day that I feel like I’m not enjoying this and I’m just doing this because I feel like I have to will be the say that I stop.

What is the best thing?

When I see comments from people, knowing that someone is actually reading what I’m writing and engaging with me about it. It just really makes me happy.

What is the worst thing?

Not being able to think of anything to write. I hate when I haven’t posted in weeks and I just can’t think of anything that I want to write about. I don’t want to be repetitive. Sometimes I feel like that’s all I’m doing so I have to take a step back for a moment. Those times are the worst.

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?




It depends. I’m usually pretty basic with the pictures I use so it can take me maybe 5 minutes to find pictures I want to use. If I have something very specific in mind like if I want to add some gifs and add a bit more personality to the post, it can take me up to 30 minutes to do so.

Who’s your book crush?




Pretty much any character named Damon or any variation of Damon. I’m not even kidding. Damon Salvator. Damon Torrance. Daemon Black. All the best characters are named Damon.

Which author would you like to have on your blog?

This makes me nervous. I’m always way too nervous about doing author interviews on my blog which is why I’ve never done one. I just feel like I’m not a great question asker so I don’t want to fuck it up and have a boring interview because I can’t ask questions properly. However, if I do ever decide I can actually do an author interview on my blog without fucking it up I would probably want Colleen Hoover. She is just so funny. I love reading her reviews on Goodreads. They have me cackling.

What do you wear when you write your blog?

Mostly PJs. I always write when I’m lying or sitting in bed, so it has to be comfy. 

How long does it take you to prepare?

Prepare? What is this prepare? I just write when I feel like writing. If I’m feeling particularly ambitious I’ll write multiple posts at once and just schedule them a few days apart or so. Sometimes I’ll write 4 posts at once and then drop off the face of the earth. Time management? I don’t know her.

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?



I kinda feel like I’m a bit on the outside of it. Not because they aren’t welcoming or anything like that, I’m just not a very social person, even on the internet. For me, I find that maintaining friendships is especially hard for me to do online because I can so easily just forget to respond or just not leave comments on other people's posts. Having a blog is a bit of a double-edged sword, I love having a blog where I can talk about what I love and I want to be a part of this community but I can’t seem to make myself interact more. Fear of rejection maybe? As for the community itself, I think it's a really helpful place. People share their experiences in the community and it really helps to navigate.

What do you think one should do to have a successful blog?

Considering I have been blogging for 4 years and have maybe 100ish followers, I don’t think I know how to have a successful blog. I’ll tell you guys when I figure it out. Anyway, I'm happy with where my blog is at. I don't need thousands of followers because I know there are still people out there that enjoy reading what I write and that's enough for me. 

Who do you tag?

Like I mentioned before, I'm a bit antisocial so I'm not going to tag anyone.


Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!
Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment