Monday 17 June 2019

Storm and Fury Spoiler Free Review


Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis:

Eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow may be going blind, but she can see and communicate with ghosts and spirits. Her unique gift is part of a secret so dangerous that she’s been in hiding for years in an isolated compound fiercely guarded by Wardens—gargoyle shape-shifters who protect humankind from demons. If the demons discover the truth about Trinity, they’ll devour her, flesh and bone, to enhance their own powers.


When Wardens from another clan arrive with disturbing reports that something out there is killing both demons and Wardens, Trinity’s safe world implodes. Not the least because one of the outsiders is the most annoying and fascinating person she’s ever met. Zayne has secrets of his own that will upend her world yet again—but working together becomes imperative once demons breach the compound and Trinity’s secret comes to light. To save her family and maybe the world, she’ll have to put her trust in Zayne. But all bets are off as a supernatural war is unleashed…

My Thoughts:

I received an ARC for an honest review

I gave this book 4 stars. I was not overwhelmed by this book. I liked this book, it was definitely not a three-star book, but it wasn’t blowing my socks off. I didn’t feel like there was anything really new in this book, but I did enjoy it. I read most of it in one day.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Jennifer L Armentrout’s books, but I feel like she has gotten into a bit of a rut when it comes to her protagonists. They are often characters that I do feel like I relate to a lot, but i feel like she writes so many books that maybe she should take a chance and mix things up a bit. I really felt that way especially while I was reading this book.

As you may know, this book is a spin-off of another popular Jennifer Armentrout series, The Dark Elements. It follows a new character, Trinity, and a character that we met in the original series, Zayne.

Trinity seems to be human by everyone around her, except for the few people that know what she really is. Trinity was a relatable character. I think the fact that she is slowly losing her sight is an interesting new challenge for the author. A lot of authors rely so heavily on what characters are seeing that when you take away that variable it becomes so much harder to world build.

Zayne… I really liked Zayne in the past series. I don’t think I really wanted to read a series about him. Maybe if he had gotten a stand-alone I would have been a lot more excited than I was for this book. I mean, I like him, I’m just not over the moon about him. Right now if I had to rank Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Spinoff series’ it would be Origin, Titan, and then The Harbinger.

Overall, If you really enjoy the authors works or even just read and loved the Dark Elements series, then I would suggest giving this book a read.

View all my reviews
Feel free to add me on social media! And you can follow my blog in the sidebar to be notified when I post!

Jessie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Instagram Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment