Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Top 10 Favorite Books of all Time

I'm gonna exclude Harry Potter because Harry Potter is in a whole other league and this list would just be way too predictable.

10. The Bourbon Thief




To start off this list is a more recent addition to this favourite list. I read an arc of this and it was fabulous, I was completely speechless after finishing this. It comes out today so go get a copy and read it. Do it. It's fabulous. I won't say much more because spoilers.


(I don't know what gif you were expecting, my blog banner itself is Doctor Who, so...)

9. Carry On




This is not only the Harry Potter fan fiction I always wanted, it's also so much more than that, adventure, action, romance, a devious plot.

8. Shadow Kiss




Read this one in one day, actually more like an hour because I was on a plane. This one was by far my favourite in the entire Vampire Academy series, believe me when I say it was a very close call.

7. City of Lost Souls




There is something about this book that I loved more than the other books, it had a charm to it. I reread this book the most out of all of Cassandra Clare's books. I have like a billion pages marked off in this book. All the pages that had something I particularly enjoyed. There were a lot.

6. The Sea of Tranquility




This book was very dark and very real. I loved the journey and character development that went on. It's a story of getting through a tough time and hoping that you'll come out better on the other side. Plus, I absolutely love the romance in it.

5. The Outsiders




My sister tried to get me to read this for two years after she read it, but I was like nahhhh, so I didn't and I regret it to this very day. So when I first went to high school, I was assigned this book to read and I was like, "Oh, it's this book." So I started the book that night, we were only supposed to read four chapters. I ended up reading the entire book. It is definitely classic, I understand why I read this for school and I understand why my sister wanted me to read this so badly. My point? Read it.

4. The Secret of Ella and Micha




This was one of those books that I read in the middle of the night. And then I woke up the next morning and read it again. Then I would put it down. Then I would read the entire thing again. This went on for about a week. I don't remember the last time I reread a book the way I read that one. It's heartbreaking, sexy, and fricken hilarious.

3. Queen of Shadows




Oh, my gods. I read this book in four days. That was me taking it slow because I wanted to savour this book as much as possible since it would be forever before another Sarah J. Maas book would be released. It was so thrilling and there was so much animosity and angst and I loved the character development and just everything about this book.

2. A Court of Mist and Fury




Another Sarah J. Maas book. Shocker. This one ranked above Queen of Shadows just because it's more clear in my mind, it's been a while since I've read Queen of Shadows. A Court of Mist and Fury was one of those books that I just wanted to absorb into my soul after I finished it. It had me doing the fangirl screech because I was having all the feelings.

1. I'll Give You the Sun




This was a beautiful story of twins. A boy and a girl and their journey through their teen years, dealing with friendship, relationships, and tragedy. There is something about Jandy Nelson's writing that leaves me unable to stop smiling after I've finished. Same thing with her other book. It made me feel like, even though things can get really bad, they get better. Things can be really good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment